Passport to Nature
Save this place!
Species at Risk
Habitat for Wildlife
Fundraising Goal = $250,000
– to purchase a new nature reserve.
- 40% 40%
- 81 hectares (200 acres)
- habitat for a variety of butterflies, birds, insects, and mammals, including bear and moose
- habitat for at least nine species at risk – Blanding’s Turtle, Snapping Turtle, Eastern Ribbon Snake, Five-lined Skink, Eastern Wood Pewee, Wood Thrush, Barn Swallow, Whip-poor-will, Monarch Butterfly
- Depot Creek, with a waterfall, runs through the property
- beaver ponds
- connects to other protected lands – Puzzle Lake Provincial Park, Quinte Conservation’s Depot Lakes system.
Watch this video produced by students at Fleming College who collected baseline information about the property as a course project.
We will be organizing property tours and events in the spring. Please stay in touch on Facebook or send us your email address.
Land Conservancy KFLA
Our goal is to preserve wild lands in the Ontario counties of Frontenac and Lennox and Addington,
providing vital habitat for the diverse plant and animal species here.
Please read more on this website about how you can help our land conservation efforts.
Thank you to the Ontario Trillium Foundation for a grant which paid all the costs for this publication – design, printing, distribution – the rest was all done by volunteers. To receive a copy please send an email to info@LandConservancyKFLA.org. Click to download...read more
Please attend our annual meeting at Ongwanada, April 2019 (Date TBA). Everyone is welcome. We will be celebrating the successful acquisitions of 2018. Refreshments too. Please visit our Facebook page to learn more.read more